At Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. we analyze foreign academic credentials to establish the equivalent degree, credits or years of study that would be awarded in the U.S. educational system, at different levels of education. Among others, an evaluation is generally required for the following uses:
- Academic Study
- General Employment
- Immigration Purposes
- Military Service
- Professional Licensing
Due to the differences between U.S. and foreign education systems, the evaluations do not necessarily equal the same number of credits, years of study, grades and degrees/titles granted in the original country.
It is the obligation of the client to confirm with the receiving institution or organization that they accept AES evaluations as well as the type of evaluation required.
If you are not sure which evaluation to choose, please contact the institution/agency to receive the evaluation/translation. They should be able to tell you which evaluation you need.General Evaluation (high school / secondary education level and higher education / university level documents)
- Establishes the US equivalent degree or years of study; does NOT include a course-by-course analysis nor a grade-point-average (GPA);
- It is usually required for immigration, employment, military service, and for admission to community colleges or universities when a grade-point-average (GPA) is not requested;
- Cost: US$90.00
Grade Evaluation (high school / secondary education level documents ONLY)
- Establishes the US equivalent degree or years of study for high school or secondary school documents ONLY plus the grade-point-average (GPA);
- It is usually required for admission to an associate degree program or to a bachelor's degree program when the institution requests to know the grade-point-average (GPA);
- Cost: US$155.00
Comprehensive Evaluation (higher education / university level documents)
- Establishes the US equivalent degree or years of study for higher education documents submitted plus a course-by-course analysis including credits, US equivalent grades and grade-point-average (GPA); courses follow original transcript order;
- It is usually required for admission to bachelor's degree program, master's degree program or to a doctoral degree program. Credits earned may be transferred into a US degree program at the discretion of the institution to which you are applying for admission;
- Cost: US$225.00
Comprehensive Evaluation for Professional Boards (higher education / university level documents ONLY)
- Establishes the US equivalent degree or years of study for higher education documents submitted plus a course-by-course analysis including credits, US equivalent grades and grade-point-average; whenever possible, courses are organized by fields of study;
- It is usually required for professional licensing, such as teacher certification, CPA boards, amongst others;
- Cost: US$300.00
We accept requests for translation services as part of an evaluation only. Translation for all languages are $50 per page.
We are happy to accept translations from third parties, however, all translations must be provided by individuals whose credentials include one of the categories below:
- ATA member in good standing with evidence of having passed the required ATA exams (must be attached to the translation)
- Foreign national certified as a translator in the country of origin (for example, Traductor Publico, Tradutor Juramentado)
- Individual certified as a translator in the United States (ATA/Court Exams, etc.)
Academic Evaluation Services verifies the authenticity of academic documents with the issuing institution or authoritative body.
This service is required for all academic documents from Haiti, Nigeria and Ghana, or from any country if the institution
for which the evaluation is requested requires this service.
AES reserves the right to request verification for any document from any country if the evalutor deems it necessary. A client may request this service if they chose for any original documents submitted. The fee for verification services is $30 per institution.